CHICKEN HATCHING FUN FACTS
– It takes about 21 days to incubate & hatch a chicken
– Fertilized eggs can be stored in a cool environment (not a refrigerator) for up to 7 days & still be able to hatch
– Eggs need to be warmed in an incubator with appropriate humidity when there is no hen to sit on them
– Eggs that do not hatch within 21-22 days may have embryos that may not have formed properly or be unfertilized eggs
– The eggs we are using are fertilized (we hope) farm eggs, not eggs off the supermarket shelf.
– The WVBO chicks will be transferred to a family farm following hatching. Yes, they will have outside free range play time.
Live Stream may occasionally be down for maintenance.